So after I wrote about things my kids will never hear me say, I thought it would be fun to write about things I actually have said, but never thought I would until I did. #1 is my personal favorite, lol. Ah, the joys of potty-training twins :).
1. If that is your poop, how did it end up in your brother's pants? (in response to Bearhug trying to convince me it was HIS so he could be the one to flush it, and no, he couldn't give me a good answer to that one).
2. Maybe we should just put a big frame around it like it's supposed to be there (to dh regarding Little Bitty's wall art... but who hangs frames just a few inches above the baseboards?)
3. Please stop licking the carpet / sidewalk / car door / kitchen knobs / toilet paper holder / shoes...
4. Do you have to wipe your nose on the carpet? We have tissues!
5. Towels are better than walls for drying your hands.
6. What is Percy doing in your mashed potatoes?
7. Your brother's head is not a drum (to Bearhug & Cuddlebug when they were toddlers. Maybe the little drum set was a bad idea?).
8. The back of the couch is not a balance beam.
9. Please stop calling your brother a "cheeky-belly." Can someone please tell me what a "cheeky-belly" is?!
10. Stop climbing onto the counters. More importantly, please stop taking a flying leap at me from the counter-tops. I may not react fast enough to catch you next time!
11. I can't believe my 2-yr-old just gave me a concussion (as I laid on the couch fighting nausea after Cuddlebug demonstrated the tackling techniques dh taught him)
12. No, you can't fire someone from being your brother.
So what are some of the things that you've said and couldn't help thinking to yourself, "I can't believe I just said that!"
If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.